Skin Home > Important Instructions for Clobex
When and How to Use ClobexSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Clobex include the following:
- The directions for use vary, depending on the product. Clobex is a highly potent steroid, and it is important to follow your healthcare provider's directions carefully.
- For the shampoo, apply the product to your dry scalp (without water) once a day. Wait 15 minutes, and then add water, lather, and rinse. While waiting the 15 minutes, make sure to keep the medication off your face, lips, and eyes, and wash your hands immediately after application. You may use another, nonmedicated shampoo afterward, if desired, although this is not necessary.
- For the spray and lotion, apply it directly to the affected areas twice a day. Rub in gently and completely, and wash your hands, unless you are treating your hands.
- These medications are highly potent and can be used for a short time only (typically, only for four weeks at the most).
- For Clobex to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
Side Effects of ClobexJust like any medicine, Clobex may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
- Burning sensation
- Spider veins
- Weakening and thinning of the skin.