Lamisil Side Effects
Some adverse effects may occur with the use of Lamisil. Common side effects of the medication include unexplained rash, diarrhea, headache, and heartburn. Although rare, low blood counts, liver problems, and vomiting are also possible. Seek medical attention immediately if you experience any serious side effects of Lamisil, such as difficulty breathing or swallowing, vision changes, or unexplained swelling.
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Lamisil® (terbinafine hydrochloride). However, not everyone who takes the drug will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Lamisil. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of Lamisil side effects with you.)
Lamisil has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials, with many people having been evaluated. In these studies, side effects occurring in the group of people taking the drug are always documented and compared to the side effects that occurred in a similar group of people not taking the medicine. This way, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
Based on these studies, the most common side effects of Lamisil include:
- Headache -- in up to 12.9 percent of people
- Diarrhea -- up to 5.6 percent
- Unexplained rash -- up to 5.6 percent
- Heartburn or indigestion (dyspepsia) -- up to 4.3 percent
- Increased liver enzymes (found using a blood test) -- up to 3.3 percent
- Itching -- up to 2.8 percent
- Changes in taste -- up to 2.8 percent
- Pain in the abdomen (stomach) -- up to 2.1 percent
- Hives -- up to 1.1 percent.