Hydrocortisone Butyrate 0.1%
Hydrocortisone butyrate (Locoid®) is a prescription medicine licensed to treat certain inflammatory skin conditions, such as dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema. This medication comes in a variety of forms, including:
- Hydrocortisone butyrate Lipocream 0.1% cream
- Hydrocortisone butyrate 0.1% cream
- Hydrocortisone butyrate 0.1% ointment
- Hydrocortisone butyrate 0.1% solution (liquid)
- Hydrocortisone butyrate 0.1% lotion.
Dosing guidelines will depend on the particular product used and the type of skin condition being treated. In general, this medicine is applied in a thin layer on the affected areas of the skin two or three times daily. In most cases, hydrocortisone butyrate should not be used for more than four weeks, as long-term use can cause serious side effects.
(Click Hydrocortisone Butyrate for more information, including how it works, potential side effects, and what your healthcare provider needs to know before prescribing you this medication.)