Who Should Avoid Decadron?
Who Should Not Use Decadron?You should not use Decadron if you:
- Are allergic to it, dexamethasone, or any of the inactive components used to make this medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have a systemic fungal infection (a fungal infection that affects the whole body).
- Have a viral, tuberculosis, or herpes infection of the eye (for the eye drops).
- Have a fungal infection of the ear or eye (for the ear/eye drops).
- Have a perforation (hole) in the eardrum (for the ear drops).
Final ThoughtsThere are a number of situations in which this medication should not be taken, along with several safety concerns people should be aware of before beginning treatment. However, it is possible that not all of these issues were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the specific Decadron warnings and precautions that may apply to you.