Prescribing and Treatment Info for Decadron
When and How to Use ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Decadron include the following:
- This medication comes in many different forms. The individual instructions for use will depend on the form you take. Make sure to refer to the directions for your particular product.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication. If you have been using Decadron for a long time, your healthcare provider will need to slowly reduce your dose to allow your body to adjust to not having the medication.
- When taking Decadron by mouth, take it with food to help prevent stomach upset.
- If you are taking Decadron once a day, take it in the morning. Later doses can make it difficult to sleep.
- Try to take this medication at the same time each day to keep an even level of it in your bloodstream.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Decadron your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The particular product being used
- Your age
- Your weight (in children)
- The type and severity of the condition being treated
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Decadron Dosage for more information.)