Treatment Tips for Decadron
General Information on Using DecadronSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Decadron include the following:
- This medication comes in many different forms. The individual instructions for use will depend on the form you take. Make sure to refer to the directions for your particular product.
- Do not stop taking this medication suddenly. If you have been using Decadron for a long time, your healthcare provider will need to slowly reduce your dosage to allow your body to adjust to not having the medication.
- When taking Decadron by mouth, take it with food to help prevent stomach upset.
- If you are taking Decadron once a day, take it in the morning. Later doses can make it difficult to sleep.
- Try to take this medication at the same time each day to keep an even level of it in your bloodstream.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Decadron, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.