Cutivate Lotion Dosage
When treating atopic dermatitis with Cutivate Lotion, the dose is the same for adults and children as young as 1 year old. The standard starting dose is usually a thin layer of the medicine applied to the affected areas once a day. Do not cover the medicine with a bandage, as it may increase your risk for side effects.
An Introduction to Dosing With Cutivate LotionThere is only one standard dose for Cutivate Lotion® (fluticasone propionate lotion), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Cutivate Lotion Dosage for Atopic DermatitisThe standard starting dose for Cutivate Lotion for treating atopic dermatitis in people 1 year of age and older is a small amount applied to the affected areas of the skin once daily. Gently rub the lotion into the skin, being careful not to damage the irritated skin. Wash your hands after applying the lotion, unless you are treating your hands.
In general, you should stop using Cutivate Lotion once the atopic dermatitis is under control. If you do not notice any improvement within two weeks, your healthcare provider may need to reconsider your diagnosis. Do not use Cutivate Lotion for more than four weeks at a time. Although it is quite effective, Cutivate Lotion cannot be used on a long-term basis, due to the risk of serious side effects.
General Information on Using Cutivate LotionSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Cutivate Lotion include the following:
- This medication is usually applied to the affected area(s) of the skin once a day.
- Apply your Cutivate Lotion dosage sparingly and gently rub in. More is not better; only a thin film is necessary.
- Do not apply this medicine to the face, underarms, or groin, unless your healthcare provider specifically recommends that you do so.
- Do not cover the medication with a dressing or bandage, as this increases the risk for side effects.
- Do not apply Cutivate Lotion on the diaper area of young children.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Cutivate Lotion, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.