Signs of a Problem With Cordran SP Cream
Some side effects of steroids like Cordran SP Cream are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia) or diabetes
- Ruptured tendons
- Psychotic reactions, such as hallucinations or extreme aggression
- Severe fluid retention
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling.
In general, these serious reactions are extremely unlikely to occur when Cordran SP Cream is used as directed for a short period, particularly since it is a relatively mild steroid. Applying too much, over too large an area, and for too long may increase the risk of serious steroidal side effects.
Using steroids for a long time can cause a different set of side effects. These problems are most likely to be seen in people who use Cordran SP Cream over a large area of the body for a long time, and might include:
- Weight gain
- Bulging eyes
- Fluid retention
- Loss of muscle
- Fat deposits on the face and back, causing a round face and a fatty hump on the back of the neck
- Stunted growth (in children).
Keep in mind that such reactions are much more common with systemic steroids and are probably quite rare with Cordran SP Cream.