Skin Channel
Topics
Medications
Quicklinks
Related Channels

I Used Too Much Clindamycin/Benzoyl Peroxide -- What Do I Do?

Treatment Options

If an overdose was taken by mouth and was recent, a healthcare provider may recommend water or milk to help dilute the medicine in the stomach. The amount of water or milk recommended will depend on whether the overdose was taken by an adult or a child.
 
If too much clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide was applied to the skin, the area may be washed with soap and water to help remove the medicine. In cases of eye irritation due to eye exposure, a healthcare provider may recommend the eyes be flushed with room temperature water.
 
For more severe overdoses, treatment may also involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. Supportive care may be necessary in cases of persistent skin or eye irritation and pain, or large overdoses taken by mouth.
 
It is important that you seek prompt medical attention if you believe that you or someone else may have taken a clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide overdose.
 

Clindamycin/Benzoyl Peroxide Information

Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2017 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.