Serious and Long-Term Reactions to Capex
Some side effects of steroids such as Capex are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia) or diabetes
- Ruptured tendons
- Psychotic reactions, such as hallucinations or extreme aggression
- Severe fluid retention
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling.
In general, these serious reactions are extremely unlikely to occur when Capex is used as directed for a short period (a few weeks). Applying too much, over too large an area, and for too long may increase the risk of serious steroidal side effects.
Using steroids like Capex for a long time can cause a different set of side effects. These problems are more likely to be seen in people who overuse Capex and might include:
- Suppression of the immune system, perhaps leading to infections or other problems
- Weight gain
- Bulging eyes
- Fluid retention
- Loss of muscle
- Fat deposits on the face and back, causing a round face and a fatty hump on the back of the neck
- Stunted growth (in children).
You may experience some or none of the Capex side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using Capex. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.