Calcitriol Ointment Dosage
When using calcitriol ointment, the standard dosage is to apply a small amount of the ointment onto the affected areas of the skin twice daily. It is important not to use more than 200 grams of this medicine a week, as doing so may increase your risk for serious side effects. Do not apply the ointment to the eyes, lips, or face.
An Introduction to Your Dosage of Calcitriol OintmentThere is only one standard dose for calcitriol ointment (Vectical®), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Calcitriol Ointment Dosing Guidelines for Plaque PsoriasisTypically, calcitriol ointment is applied to the affected areas of the skin twice daily. Use only a small amount, and apply it only on the affected areas. Do not apply it to the eyes, lips, or face. Do not use more than 200 grams a week, as using more increases the risk of serious calcitriol ointment side effects.
General Information on Using Calcitriol OintmentSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with calcitriol ointment include the following:
- Calcitriol ointment is usually applied twice daily to the affected areas of the skin. Make sure to rub it in gently and completely.
- Do not apply to the eyes, lips, or face.
- Do not cover the ointment with a bandage or wrap, unless your healthcare provider tells you to do so. Covering the ointment increases the absorption of the medication, and increases your risk for side effects.
- Wash your hands after applying this product, unless you are treating your hands.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure on areas of the body where calcitriol ointment has been applied.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with calcitriol ointment, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.