Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with brimonidine gel include the following:
- Apply this medication to the face once daily.
- Dot a pea-sized amount on your forehead, each cheek, nose, and chin, and then gently spread it in a thin layer over the entire face, avoiding the eyes and lips.
- Let it dry before applying any cosmetics or other facial products.
- Wash your hands after applying brimonidine gel.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
There is only one standard dose for this medication. Do not adjust your dosage without your healthcare provider's approval.
(Click Brimonidine Gel Dosage for more information.)
Brimonidine gel may react with a few other medications (see Drug Interactions With Brimonidine Gel).
It is unclear if applying too much of this medication will cause any problems. Taking it by mouth (which might happen with a young child or pet) can cause serious problems. If you or someone else may have used too much or taken any of this medication by mouth, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Mirvaso Overdose for more information.)
If you forget to apply brimonidine gel, simply skip your missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not apply a double dose.