Instructions for Benzyl Alcohol Lotion
When and How to Use This MedicationSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with benzyl alcohol lotion include the following:
- Benzyl alcohol lotion is usually applied two times, with seven days in between applications.
- Your healthcare provider will tell you exactly how much benzyl alcohol lotion to apply; people with long hair need to use more than people with short hair.
- Apply the lotion to dry hair. The hair and scalp should be saturated with the product. Be especially careful to treat the back of the neck and behind the ears.
- Leave the lotion on for 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly. You may shampoo the hair immediately after treatment.
- Avoid contact with the eyes and face. This is best done by covering the face with a towel throughout the entire process.
- You may use a lice comb to remove the dead lice.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Benzyl alcohol lotion will not work if you do not use enough or if you do not use two treatments.
Dosing Information for Benzyl Alcohol LotionThe dosage of this medication your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on the length of your hair. As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Benzyl Alcohol Lotion Dosage for more information.)
Drug InteractionsBenzyl alcohol lotion is unlikely to interact with other medications (see Drug Interactions With Benzyl Alcohol Lotion).