More Info on Azelaic Acid Gel
What Should I Do If I Forget a Dose?If you forget to apply azelaic acid gel as usual, simply skip your missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
How Does It Work?At this time, it is not exactly clear how azelaic acid gel works for treating rosacea. The active ingredient, azelaic acid, is also effective for treating acne. Azelaic acid may have some antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, and may also help to normalize hyperkeratinization (a problem with skin cells that leads to pimples and other bumps).
Interestingly, azelaic acid is found naturally in wheat, barley, and rye.
When and How to Use This MedicationSome general considerations to keep in mind when using this medication include the following:
- Apply this medication to the face twice daily, after washing with a mild cleanser. Apply it before applying any cosmetics.
- This medication will not bleach fabrics.
- Make sure to avoid the area around the eyes and lips.
- Wash your hands after applying the gel.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
Storage InformationAzelaic acid gel should be stored at room temperature. Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children and pets.
(Click Generic Finacea for more information.)