Azelaic Acid Gel Dosage
The dosage of azelaic acid gel is the same for everyone -- apply the gel on the affected areas of the skin twice daily. Before applying this rosacea medicine, make sure to wash the area of the skin with a gentle cleanser. For many people, it may take up to 12 weeks to notice a significant improvement.
An Introduction to Your Dose of Azelaic Acid GelThere is only one standard way to use azelaic acid gel (Finacea®). As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Azelaic Acid Gel Dosing for RosaceaThe standard instructions for using azelaic acid gel are to apply the gel to the skin twice daily. Before using the medication, wash the area with a gentle cleanser. Then, massage the gel gently on the skin. If you do not see any improvement within 12 weeks, talk to your healthcare provider about whether you should continue using this medication.
General Information on Using Azelaic Acid GelSome considerations for people to keep in mind during treatment with azelaic acid gel include the following:
- Apply azelaic acid gel before applying any cosmetics.
- This medication will not bleach fabrics.
- Make sure to avoid the area around the eyes and lips.
- Wash your hands after applying the gel.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.