Skin Channel
Topics
Medications
Quicklinks
Related Channels

Altabax Overdose

It is not exactly known what to expect with an overdose of Altabax (retapamulin), as there have been no reported cases of someone overdosing on this medication. However, it is likely that taking too much may lead to the usual side effects of the drug. If you have taken too much Altabax, treatment likely would involve supportive care.

Can You Use Too Much Altabax?

Altabax® (retapamulin) is a prescription antibiotic ointment approved for the treatment of impetigo. The specific effects of an overdose with Altabax are currently unknown, but would likely vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Altabax dosage and how it was taken (applied to the skin or taken by mouth).
 

Effects of an Overdose of Altabax

There have been no reported cases of an Altabax overdose, so it is unclear what serious effects (if any) might occur. If too much medication was applied to the skin, any of the usual Altabax side effects might occur. If the medication was taken by mouth, which might happen with a young child or a pet, other, unknown problems might occur.
 

Treatment for an Altabax Overdose

Treatment for an overdose with Altabax, if necessary, likely will involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. No other specific treatment advice or antidotes are available at this time.
 
It is important that you seek prompt medical attention if you believe that you or someone else may have taken an Altabax overdose.
 
6 Quick Tips for Getting Kids to Take Medicine

Altabax Antibiotic Information

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2017 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.