Important Instructions for Alclometasone
What If I Miss a Dose?If you forget to apply your dose, do it as soon as you remember, unless it is almost time for the next dose. In this case, you should simply skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not apply extra medication to make up for a missed dose.
How Does It Work?Alclometasone is part of a group of medications known as glucocorticoids, which are a type of corticosteroid (or "steroid" for short). Although glucocorticoids have numerous effects in the body, they are used mostly for their anti-inflammatory or immune-suppressing properties. Alclometasone works by decreasing inflammation and suppressing an overactive immune system.
When and How to Take This MedicineSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with alclometasone include the following:
- This medication is usually applied to the affected area(s) of the skin two or three times a day.
- Apply the medication sparingly. More is not better; only a thin film is necessary.
- Do not cover the medication with a dressing or bandage, as this increases the risk for side effects.
- Do not apply this medication to the diaper area, as a diaper acts like a bandage, increasing the risk for side effects.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.