Treatment Instructions for Adapalene/Benzoyl Peroxide
When and How to Use This MedicationSome general considerations for when and how to use adapalene/benzoyl peroxide include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a gel. It is applied in a thin layer to the affected areas of the skin once a day.
- Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide can be used in the morning or evening.
- Wash your face and/or other affected areas, such as the back or chest, with a mild, soap-free cleanser and pat dry before applying adapalene/benzoyl peroxide.
- Avoid the sensitive area around the eyes, lips, and mouth when applying this medication.
- Do not apply more than a small amount or use this medication more than once a day. A pea-sized amount on the affected areas should be sufficient. Using too much of this medicine increases the risk of skin irritation, without increasing its effectiveness.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure when you use adapalene/benzoyl peroxide, as you will burn more easily. If you do go out in the sun, make sure to use sunscreen and protective clothing, such as a hat.
- Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide can bleach hair or colored fabric, so try to avoid contact with clothing.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.