Important Info on AbobotulinumtoxinA
When and How to Take ItGeneral considerations to keep in mind during treatment with abobotulinumtoxinA include the following:
- The drug comes in injectable form. It is injected directly into the muscles that are causing the problems.
- Your healthcare provider may choose to use an anesthetic cream to numb your skin before the injection, but this is not necessary. If you are worried about pain, ask your healthcare provider about using an anesthetic cream.
- The effects of this medication are not permanent. You will need to receive injections periodically in order to maintain the effects.
AbobotulinumtoxinA Dosing InformationThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The condition being treated
- How you respond to abobotulinumtoxinA
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
(Click AbobotulinumtoxinA Dosage for more information.)
Drug Interactions With AbobotulinumtoxinAThis product can potentially interact with several medications (see Drug Interactions With AbobotulinumtoxinA).
Overdose InformationPeople who receive too much abobotulinumtoxinA may experience the following symptoms:
- Muscle paralysis, which can be quite dangerous
- General weakness.
If you happen to overdose on this medication, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Dysport Overdose for more information.)