How AbobotulinumtoxinA Works and What to Tell Your Doctor
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Getting AbobotulinumtoxinA?You should talk with your healthcare provider before receiving this injection if you have:
- An infection near the site where the injections are administered
- Difficulty swallowing
- An allergy to cow's milk protein
- Neuromuscular disease, such as:
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Dysport and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Dysport and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Warnings and Precautions With AbobotulinumtoxinA to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)